For Ada and Chi

 I immortalize you ,

using this divine gift to solidify your names

Ada, my voice was lost in the wilderness of despair,

when I welcomed you, you were defiant, a fighter, 

who fought to stay, fought to be heard, your defiance made me strong

and pushed me from my despair

quick to anger, quick to love

Ada, I am lost in you, your spirit, and your eyes, 

you fight for your place, brave and unafraid

I am not afraid of your survival in a world of treachery,

you were born of this world, to twist it and turn it, till it bent for you.

Your path may be hard, but you are harder, you lead the pack, you will make them cry,

you will be the head of the gang, fierce, determined, and strong, 

you know already how the world works, you cry at will and fight for peace.

Ada, my warrior princess, daughter of wealth, may wealth find you, in body and soul

Chinedu My firstborn child,

Born in the bliss of false hope, 

you taught me that love was unconditional, 

your eyes smile, your voice soft, 

my intellectual, my introvert, my Gemini twin

soft and compliant, wise and kind

Chinedu, I fear you may be too soft for this world,

too naive and too trusting

Chinedu, my love, I pray for you, that evil never finds you

that you find life soft and kind and full of hope.

Chinedu, may God guide you on your predestined path


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibrahim Indimi was at CAN Centre and Dalori IDP_Camps

Ennui

Rizpah