Light and Darkness

 

You were my light and I grasped you

Afraid of the darkness that you would bring

You were the joy that would herald the sadness that

Would outlast the happiness

My pleasure and pain

The pleasure of the times fade dread and angst replaces 

This dream, forsaken

I was already ready for the pain to come

Pain destined to make my heart its home

The signs never lie, instinct or fear?

I can never tell.

But I know it weighs heavy on my soul,

And the tears remain unshed and the thoughts stab in me in moments of quiet

And my hands are anxious and touch the buttons that bring me happiness

Alas, my happiness is still a myth, still is, and will be 

Pain makes me its own so I eat with sorrow 

My own.

I must love my fate 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibrahim Indimi was at CAN Centre and Dalori IDP_Camps

Ennui

Rizpah