The Fat Woman at Ushafa

 She seats and watches with troubled eyes

looks the same, those haunted eyes..

its been twelve years now since I saw her and she has not changed

black, fat and defeated peering, her eyes full of anguish and angst...

where you bullied and rejected?

were you ever happy once and did your heart flutter at the sight of your love

did you have dreams as a child to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer,

why are you a fixture at the NAF base, year in year out?

The answers will tumble out, if I stop and ask,

but I wont, wrapped up in the drama of life, challenges, fear, anxiety and worries,

there is no room ..

So you watch me with those troubled eyes every time I pass...

Defeated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibrahim Indimi was at CAN Centre and Dalori IDP_Camps

Ennui

Rizpah