Libro

Through your magic, 
i  travelled  widely, from my room, across
the mystical valleys of Haggard's She,
stayed in the castle- with  Sleeping Beauty
was onboard the bus in Ayi Kweh Armah's Ghana
sat with Chase's Ma Barker
supplicated with Ntiru's Pauper
traversed the realms of Asia with Marco Paulo
emphasised with Dicken's Pip..

Libro, my comforter, my truth-teller
an anchor in this duplicitous world of double talk
lies and betrayals,
your embrace is cathartic, it heals
teaches and steers me
I can laugh at the boys in Melville's Bartleby, the Scrivner
can be strong like Henley in his Invictus and ponder from a distance 
the darkness of human nature from Conrad's Heart of Darkness




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibrahim Indimi was at CAN Centre and Dalori IDP_Camps

Ennui

Rizpah