Waiting

I wait

day after day

night after night

for the tears to dry

for the pain to fade

I laugh some days

I cry some nights

but it still stays, nestled comfortably next to me

pain   owns me,

it has made me its.

I am its slave

the tears always fall when I am alone

and the flashes come searing by, hot, hurting and painful 

I stop and cry and wipe and sigh

and wait for this perpetuality  to pass

I see people with the same pain

who speak empty defiant words  with hard broken eyes

I feel their souls are break just like mine

they will try themselves to sleep in the quietness of the night

they clutch don't their bibles  like their shield 

their faces caked in makeup

forgotten and forsaken old and sad

theirs is the tears that wi;; never heal

I wait for the days I can be free from these empty words

and empty days

when the tears will dey an the pain will fade and I can smile like I smile once agao

until that time I clutch my sword and sigh and cry and smile 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibrahim Indimi was at CAN Centre and Dalori IDP_Camps

Ennui

Rizpah