Maiduguri

 I write you this love song 

because you never let me go...

I deserted you like ungrateful lover....

but you haunt me in the comfort of my abode...you draw me close..

I dream of the sandy roads of Bolori,

The old woman who gave me kosai and doya

The house of Ismail and his unmarried sisters

who were in their twenties harangued for never getting married

Maiduguri I dream of my crush seated in his majalisa...

Of trekking to school and eating farah..spicy grasshoppers with yaji...

And reading ikebe supper, Dauda the sexy guy...

Maiduguri..I wake up one night at 3:am and see a cripple from my window going to the mosque...what happened to you cripple...forever etched in my 13 year old brain..

Maiduguri..we would go to auntie Dijes and trek to Wulari for church, until we learnt that someone was crucified on the railway tracks...

Maiduguri..you were magical and kind...

In you I dreamed and hoped hiding away from unfathomable sorrows for a heart to young to bear...

You will come this night and fill my dreams with long forgotten memories ...carefree memories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibrahim Indimi was at CAN Centre and Dalori IDP_Camps

Ennui

Rizpah